1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

is my pricing fair?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chadwhick, Sep 5, 2005.

1. chadwhick

chadwhick LawnSite Member

I mow in central FL. Tonight I sat down and made some adjustments with my pricing and would like some opinions on whether I'm way out of line. For basic lawn care- weedwhacking,edging, mowing and blowing- I figured $10 an hour to cover my expenses. and then $25 an hour on top of that as profit. So to mow a yard that took 2 hours I would charge $70. Is that fair and am I trying to get too much profit or too little?
  2. Miller Rules

Miller Rules LawnSite Member

I cant see any Res.Cust. paying that but you might can get 30-40 an hour from them.
  3. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on your cost ... I think that might be fair. I am charging what works out to be $30 per hour.
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Isnt $25+10 still 35, and wouldnt that be somewhere between $30-40? I dont see any problem getting that. Are you figuring the total time you work, drive time, dump, ect or is this just the time you spend at a customers home?
  5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

hell i average $70-$80/hr when im solo and double with one of the guys (or girl) we only use those walkers that everyone says are so dang slow. :p
  6. Miller Rules

Miller Rules LawnSite Member

yeah I know i don't think i got my head on straight today.:sleeping: (SORRY)
  7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

chadwhick.. I believe your rate is good.. for Florida. Doesn't hurt to try for more though...
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

You're only getting $35 / hour????

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds fair what's the competition doing you have to be competitive to get the work get on top of the game in your area.
  10. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

I usually do my estimates at $40-$45 per hour, because more often than not; I find that I've underestimated the time it will take or run into more of a job than it appeared.

The end result is usually $35-$45 per hour.

This is for residential only.

Commercial is calculated starting at $60 per hour.