$$$ Is No Object!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Coumbe, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

I Need A 48" Or 50" Wb Mower. And A 32" Mower. Regardless Of Price What Is The Best Setup? My Good Dealers Are Scag, Exmark, Ferris, Dixie And Snapper. With John Deere After That.

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

You said scag go with em.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't see Toro, they make some of the best out there. I have been running both gear drive and hydro's for years with no problems. I just ordered my new 48" T-bar 15hp v-twin gear drive w/turbo force deck the other day, should be in early Feb.

4. tomgolfs44

tomgolfs44 LawnSite Member

Coumbe, I have a 48" Scag WB and and the 32" Toro. I love the set-up, just not the dealer I have to work with on the Toro. Awesome mower, horrible service from dealer. My Scag dealer (who goes above and beyond) sells Encore 32" (Scag doesn't have a 32"WB or I would already have it) which I will get when this Toro dies or someone makes me a good offer. I guess what I am saying is.......find the best dealer- buy his best stuff.......

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you're going with a 48 to 50, and money is no object, then get a 60. you are already getting a smaller one for gates, anyway. The Exmark Turf Tracer with a two wheeled solid mount stand on sulky. You can't go wrong.

6. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the Ferris Hydro.

Tim

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark or Scag from the brands listed. The Ferris riders seem decent but I'm not yet sold on their wb mowers. I would say Ferris as a #3 choice.

8. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

A few minutes ago I took delivery of a new Exmark 48 inch Turf Tracer HP. It is the 6th TTHP I have owned over the years. I either trade them or sell them with low hours just to stay new and avoid breakdowns. They have all been trouble free and I couldn't be happier with the product.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Awesome machine. It's always great to see a guy that knows his machinery!

10. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never heard any complaints about the scags besides the fact that they don't have exmark's ECS. Does it need to be a WB? A Wright Stander might work.