.........is not dead!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bicmudpuppy, Aug 30, 2006.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

They saved a short life for the lucky guy. Just a quick shout out to say hi. Switching the location of my vocation this spring turned out to be the mistake I was trying so desperately to avoid when I made my decision. Fortunately, it did give me the opportunity to be active enough to get "back in touch" with who was where, etc. I found an old buddy who knew me from about ten years ago and it took me 5 min. to rectify my previous hasty decision. Now my only problem is finding time to do anything besides work and be Dad. Twelve hour plus days in the service van plus lunch (if I get lucky enough to have lunch) and then make it home to take care of things there is more than I actually have time for. I hope everyone else's seasons are going as well. I did get quite the reaction when I penciled OUT the next 7 Tuesday's from 2 on..........Dad is NOT going to miss any Junior High Football games!! Coach said he wouldn't announce any positions and the final decisions on varsity teams and first and second string would be made at the first game next week. The boy was informed during practice to day that he would be the 7th grade varsity starting center. The only other players to be announced so far have been the quarterbacks, and which is first or second string the coach is still using for "motivation".
    I forgot how much I enjoyed (and hate) being busy and working service. Being self-employed was good, except I was always looking for more work and prefer service over installation. Being back in a full time service slot feels really good. Working for a company that is hands down one of the classiest acts I have ever seen for an outfit this size is phenomenal. Ever notice how the bigger a company gets, the worse it is to work for?
    I just stopped by to read a little, and thought I would shout a "hi" to ones who will remember me! I'll be back as soon as I get my half of 1600+ shut off. Looks like we will start scheduling above ground commercial systems for turn-off in 3 weeks or so..........(records say we turned off the first 20 in September last year, and looks like about 500 to have off by OCT 15th)
    I'm REALLY looking forward to JANUARY. Mid December and the last blow-out won't get here soon enough.
    Best Wishes and Stay Safe!
  2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome back BIC! Better to have dirty fingernails than a numb arse from a desk job. :laugh:
  3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome back Bryan, I've been wondering what happened to you.