Is qwikchute the makers of OCDC's still in biz?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

just wanderin' if Qwikchute is still going?

Been trying to get a quote but no reply.....maybe the guy doesn't check his emails over the weekend.....fair enough....wish he did though lol!:) payup

2. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Then again, I have absolutely no idea how much a call from Australia to the states cost.....
    I had trouble reaching them before, by phone, but eventually they did return my call.
    Oh what the heck, I just called them for you, talked to a nice guy, Dale Strange, told him to check his email, said he would.
    Said he spoke to someone from Australia a while back, but hadn't heard back. Told him you post as tonyr.

Hope this helps, kenny.

3. Tonyr

Thanks Kenny, you are a TOP BLOKE!

Yes, a year or more ago Dale called me, was going to put one on my toro.

But if the new J.D deck goes well, I'll definetly put one on it, as my current work will need it.

Just wanted to see if Dale had one for the new 7 iron decks, and what approx freight would be.

I am hoping my dealer buys it for me on the mower exchange, if not I'm happy to cough up the cash lol.

Thanks again Kenny!

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I hope they are still in business, i like their design for OCDCs.

5. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

that's what we are all here for....kenny

6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

That other Aussie was me!

His last email...

Mick the cost for the ELZ2002-05 IS $219.95 US plus shipping ( E-mail me your shipping address so I can get a price on the shipping. )
    Thanks
    Dale

7. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had one on my Hustler Super Mini Z for a few years and it works good. All metal parts so nothing breaks. Comes in real handy around flower beds, mulching leaves in the fall, etc.

8. Tonyr

just got a reply from qwikchute,

------

The unit for the John Deere is the TZM2004-JDZ It sells for $249.95 us.
    Shipping Fed Ex Air 2-3 day is $200.00 us 3-5 day $180.00 us. US Postal
    service is much cheaper but 4-5 weeks.
    Hope this is all the info you need. Sorry the frieght is so costly we have no control on this pricing.
    Thanks
    Dale

------------

I replied saying as soon as the new machine turns up and passes the tests I'll be placing my order asap, not cheap, but it should allow me to work around cars, property etc, tight areas etc....

remember these are usa currency pricing, have to convert that to our currency, add another 30% approx, sucks hey lol.

9. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

tony,

do you know if that kit is specific to your mower, or is it universal to any JD's. i'm looking for something different for next year.

bryan

10. Tonyr

good question.....I don't really know.

something I better check about....I will get back to you when I know more.