Is Redmax 8000 good to get wet grass off concrete?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS1, Apr 9, 2005.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I know their have been threads about Redmax 8000 but didn't see any about grass on concrete. I know several of you have had the REDMAX 8000 for some time now. Thinking about buying a used one so here are my questions.

1. I got an ECHO pb-200 handheld now. It takes forever to blow off damp/wet grass in the morning off concrete. How does the 8000 do in this situation? Does it blow off all the grass in one pass or do you have to keep moving the blower tube back and forth several times to get most or all the grass off the concrete?

2. Have you had any problems with yours?

3. Do you get used to the weight of the blower on your back?

2. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't tried one yet on wet grass and concrete but I know it will get rid of any standing puddles lol.

3. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

Any of the large backpacks from Redmax or Echo will get wet grass off of concrete.

Of course your hand held blower won't do the trick!

4. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta go with my STHIL, I have the same problem in the mornings.

5. Bellalandscaping

Bellalandscaping LawnSite Member
    from South

You will not be disappointed with the redmax. I got one 2 years ago and love it (7000). I bought a Sthil 420 and cant stand it.It has no power.

6. Bellalandscaping

Bellalandscaping LawnSite Member
    from South

You might just blow the concrete away along with the grass.

7. DLS1

What STHIL do you have? Do you still have the problem where it takes a long time to get the grass off the concrete? I was hoping with the big powerful blowers you could just point the blower tube at the wet grass on the concrete and you wouldn't see any left after just one pass of the blower tube.

8. packerbacker

I use my BG85 on smaller sidewalks and driveways and my BR420 for bigger lots. Obviously the BP Blower works better but the handheld gets the job done.

Ill have my BP out next week with 4 days of rain coming to the KC area :(

9. DLS1

The reason I was asking about the Redmax 8000 is because POPPER357 listed his for sale for $400 in the Kansas City thread. I though this might work for the wet grass on concrete problem.

10. packerbacker

I saw that. I dont know what kind of condition its (Poppers blower) in but I bought my 420 from Maisch in Lenexa for a little more then 400. I dont know how much the 8000 is new.