Is Redmax's EB7001 that much better than..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Victor, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in the market for 2 backpack blowers, and was wondering if the Redmax EB7001 is that much more powerful, or easier to start than a Shindiawa EB630. The only reason I ask is I'm gonna buy a 52" Lazer HP(23hp kaw), a full-suspension seat and stripping roller for the Lazer, and 2 Shindiawa T230 line-trimmers from a vendor that just opened up closeby. If I added 2 EB630's to the list of things I buy from him this Spring, I'd have even more leverage on price. I'd also have a one-stop shopping place for all of my equipment service, and purchasing needs. What do you guys think?

Victor

2. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

The shins have the redmax engine in them. So starting is the same. However Redmax has a better design for the fan and the air flow. I run all Deere equipment and will honestly say the 7001 is the better blower of any. I would say you would be better off to get the Redmax. The power is there for any task.

3. I have used Shindiawa it the past and have switch over this year to redmax.The blower seems alot more powerful .I have 1 Shindiawa T230 trimmer that my dealer still cant fix.They have put a new piston,clutch,and 3 new heads and still shakes.The shindiawa rep said about 1/3 of there trimmer heads last year were bad from the factory.But shindiawa still has no answers on a 15 month old trimmer.I guess I am anti shindiawa for many reasons.I believe you would be better off with the redmax faster starting and more power

4. lawn4life

lawn4life LawnSite Member
    from SD

yes

5. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

I have them both (Redmax and Shin) can't tell a difference and I operate both of them every day.

6. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

After some soul searching, I've decided that I'm gonna have to go with the Redmax. It seems like it's hands down the most popular blower on here. Thanks for the info guys.

Victor

7. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I've never tried one, but everyone here raves about the RedMax, so ...take it as you will.

8. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

we have always used echo's. then one day at my dealers shop my wife seen the 7001 hanging on the wall. demoed the unit out back and then SHE bought it. could not beleive it, now the echo's are used for back-up. a great blower-better than the echo's

my opinion anyways

9. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have both the redmax and the echo 650, I like them both, but I do like the big filter on the redmax.

10. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

The Redmax is a better blower but not enough to justify not getting a Shindaiwa from the same dealer or at a reduced price because of the package deal. You will not be disappointed with the EB600 at all.

Scott