Is Ryobi an ok brand?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevenf, Aug 17, 2007.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

noticed they are like $160.00 and have the same specs and warranty as the $260.00 echo model. Will it last me a few season??? Whats the rep on ryobi??

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

trash dont waste your money buy somthing good you will be happy you did

3. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

It may have the same specs, but does anyone do ryobi warranty work? and the quality is no where near the same. If you get it to last a month commercially, get on your knees and thank god.

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

"Ryobi"/Homelite does not carry any commercial warranty, and so thus there is no need for somebody to do warranty work.

5. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

The stuff is garbage. In fact it is so bad, they should pay YOU to use it.

6. EngineeredLawns

EngineeredLawns LawnSite Member

Old ones worked great. Had one that worked great for 9 years. Motor was shot so bought a new one, lasted 5 months and the shaft gets to hot to use. Went out and bought an echo.

7. Turfbarber

Turfbarber LawnSite Member

The old saying applies, you get what you pay for.

8. SCAG POWER

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Go ahead and use it. The edging is the first thing that i point out to my new client , see that is just chewing a way your grass. Now i will give you a clean edge on this , O by the way I can take care of this now.:hammerhead:

9. lawnmowertech37

lawnmowertech37 LawnSite Member

hey grass happens and everyone ryobi can be ok to a certain point commercial use if someone had a few yards it may get you by but tons of yards it may be a wise choice to use a different brand such as echo or stihl even shindaiwa or red max will work for commercial grade me i am a ryobi warranty center along with poulan weedeater and homelite so i do warranty work on all them brands well been doing repair work for almost 20 years now oppps telling my age
    but anyhow im new here to lawn site it would be nice to be welcomed here for a chance but im interesting in sponsoring a forum on here who do i need to talk too about this ?
    calvin

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Homelite does have dealers that work on them