is spring almost here?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kirk brown, Feb 18, 2006.

1. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

got my trailer all loaded up today, everything is clean and ready to go.
    my ad hit`s the paper`s next week, now if it just wasn`t -22c i`d be ready to roll.:cry:
    please no bragging from florida:cry: :cry: :cry:

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We're not ready for grass yet. We still want our winter slow down to happen. This winter has flown by. We have had some equipment sell the last couple of weeks and have a few more guys coming to look at stuff the next couple of weeks. Spring auction sales are starting this weekend so it's going to be busy. I still have some equipment to work on that I never did over the winter. It's a good thing we have lots of equipment or I would have to get in a hurry. My wife has phoned and cancelled a few customers that we have grown tired of. We considered just raising prices but decided it would be more polite to just tell them we are not servicing their property anymore. I have heard of a few more small companies starting up here but I don't think they have any idea of what they are getting into.

3. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

No spring is not in the air today. Really nice two days ago. Frickin freezing today. I am ready for spring, but it sure aint here yet. I guess I need to hibernate some more:sleeping: .

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Weather is where the wind comes from. What that means is if you want to know what your weather is going to be in a day or two (forecasts are kinda meaningless beyond that) just look at the weather in the direction the wind is coming from.

Here one of my favorite indicators of upcoming weather.

http://virga.sfsu.edu/gif/jetstream_loop.gif

5. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

the winter is waning. Although it is minus 13 here this morning..:canadaflag:

lets review the last few days....hmmmm..thursday we got about 4'' of snow in the early morning,,,we had freezing rain all afternoon thursday.... temps went way above freezing and it poured rain(even some thunder and lightning) all night into early friday morning..followed by a WICKED cold front..which started the snow squall machine, and dropped temps way below zero...

wind chill.jpg

huts feb.jpg

6. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

I hear ya it was 64 degrees here thursday with some rain and today ( sunday am ) it was -1 A friggen 63 degrees temp change in 3 day no wonder everyone gets sick > I will be on montego bay in 2 weeks for some r and r and cant wait for thos 85 degree temps can you say ......... ya mon

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Well, this past January was the warmest for us on record. February is shaping up to what it normally is with cold and a noreaster with a ton of snow as usual. March for us is the most unpredictable month of the year...can be 20 one day and 65 or so two days later...we'll see.

8. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

january was crazy....i was slopping around in my rubber boots in the mud.
    the ground has been thru the freeze/thaw cycle so many times i have lost count!

9. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

the spring wants to get here fast this year .it was 76 here like on friday .but not today.

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

oh geez, not ready for spring yet, still lots to do around here before the work season hits.