Is Stamps.com for me????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gogetter, Dec 14, 2003.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I did a search here, and found some info but I'm wondering if I'm still missing something.
    Here's what I got from searching:

Stamps.com does the following:

1. Prints mailing address on envelope.
    2. Prints return address on envelope.
    3. Prints postage on envelope.

I currently use envelopes with the window, so the customers name and address appear in the window.

And I print sheets of return address labels in advance.
    I buy enough stamps at a time so that I don't have to go to the post office too often.

So after printing the invoice, I stick the stamp and return address label on, which takes no real time (it's actually the fastest part of invoicing!! LOL!).

So is the only advantage of Stamps.com the fact that I wouldn't have to go to the post office?? Or is there more to it that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Whoa! In the searches I had done here, people that used Stamps.com were talking about $4 and $5 per month.

I just took a closer look at Stamps.com website, and see that it's $15.99 per month!!?!?!
    Now I REALLY don't see the advantage (I might have at $4-5 per month).
    Am I reading it right??

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I was looking into it also, but it seems like a waste of time. The only thing i do different is, i use double window envelopes, that way my address shows, and i dont need to do any lables.

4. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

I have used it but I no longer do. Their lower priced program is $4.99 per month or 10% of your total stamp usage which ever is more. I used to use and and liked using it but I started to use a new laser printer and it wouldn't print the postage on the envelopes but would charge me for the postage so that is why I no longer will use it.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Gogetter,

Here is another post that discusses stamps.com.