Is that a deere??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GLS, Nov 9, 2001.

1. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Ran into this webpage of recalled backpack blowers, and taking a look at the second picture...the green one...is that a deere? They say it is, but I have never seen a deere that looks like that. They are normally yellow, although I have seen them in green. Anyone have a blower like this or know if it is really a deere?

here's the address:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml01/01178.html

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

ummmm, pssst!!!

You have a link for us to compare to -LOL!!! Got ya all mixed up and wonderin whats wrong with the picture so much you forgot to post it. :(

Thanks dude!!! :D

That unit looks exactly like an echo with a green engine cover. Thats scary!!!

Kris

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

looks like a green machine

4. kutnkru

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That Deere blower is marketed under Green Machine, but it is made by Robin...........

6. kutnkru

So would the green machine be a similar situation to Homelites relationship with Deere??? I have been told that basically Homelite makes the units and Deere markets them with the ol' green n yellow.

Thanks for clarifying.
    Kris

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

John Deere bought the Green Machine name many years ago....
    They bought Homelite a few years back.
    Funny thing is when they went to market the Green Machine by John Deere, the Homelite stuff would not cut it.
    So they went to Robin and had them make most of the Green Machine marketed equipment.
    Another funny thing is that John Deere is selling the Homelite division now........

8. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know about the backpack but up until recently echo made deeres hedge trimmers / they were better back them.