Is That a Fact Jack? Really?

Discussion in 'Superintendent Forums' started by LarryAylward, Sep 20, 2013.

1. LarryAylward

LarryAylward LawnSite Member

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

5 years ago I would have said definitely, there's no doubt he would break the record, but seeing that he hasn't won a major since 2008, I'm starting to think Jack's record may be safe. only time will tell, but my gut feeling is that Tiger's not going to do it

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Tiger Woods is getting old, after knee problems and family problems he hasn't got the comperitive edge he once had.

You never know, a couple of "hot" years and he could do it. Payne Stewart wont the US open at 45. Woods won 5 times this year which is not easy.

4. ncpete

ncpete LawnSite Senior Member

barring further injury, I would say he can do it. He still has a lot of time during which he can win, and 5 wins this year is a damn good year for any pro. Jack suggests 10 more years of serious competitive golf for Woods, which is probably accurate, and we know he knows how to win.

Most of all? I miss Payne Stewart. Great character.

5. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

He will do it. Side note, Tiger seems to get penalized frequently after someone reviews tv coverage. I say if that is the way it's going to be, shove a camara up everyones butt so the playing field is even.

6. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe he died at age 42.

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

That shows you what a great player he really is :laugh:

8. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

I honestly cracked up laughing out loud at that!