Is the 48/18 FasTrack for me?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by harmoncollege, May 14, 2007.

1. harmoncollege

harmoncollege LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a 48/18 FasTrack for about 2.5 acres. I want something that will last a VERY long time with minimal maintenance. Would this be a good machine for me? Also, I'm new to these mowers...what regular maintenance needs to be done, and how often?

Thanks for any guidance!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The FasTrak is made for your exact situation, you will have a mower for a lifetime with what your explaining.
    As far as maintenance goes, oil changes an blade sharpening, with greasing of a few fittings every once in a while, thats all.
    For the size lawn your mowing this will likely only be once a season as far as lube and oil.
    Blade sharpening will vary depending on your lawns condition and if you hit anything often.

Pj

3. harmoncollege

harmoncollege LawnSite Member

Thanks so much for the information! What is needed in the way of air filter maintenance?

I also looked at a Land Pride 44" and 48", as well as a Cub Cadet Commercial Enforcer 44" and 48". The Hustler FasTrack 48" just seems to be the best on paper.

Are people pretty happy with the 18hp Honda engine?

Thanks again.

[​IMG]

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

In your application all you will need to do is remove it adn check it a couple times a season, this depends on how dusty of an environment you are mowing in.
    In most cases you will be able to tap it out and reinstall.

Pj