Is the 61” Husqvarna a good mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dlgunn, Oct 14, 2003.

1. dlgunn

dlgunn LawnSite Member

Is the 61” Husqvarna a good mower

Please help looking at buying one tomorrow is it a good or bad mower

Thanks Danny

2. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Unless I'm mistaken. Its a yazoo-kees.

3. dlgunn

dlgunn LawnSite Member

is that good or bad?

4. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

From what I've heard Yazoo-kees makes the Husqvarna as well as the JD's. Supposed to be good machine's but can be up there in price. What are some other machine's you've looked at? Do you have a Hustler dealer near? I just bought my 52" Hustler on Fri. and I love it so far (10 hrs. on it). If it runs the next 2500 hrs. as well as the first 10 I'll be one happy man.

5. dlgunn

dlgunn LawnSite Member

i can get the Husqvarna 61 w/ kohler26or27efi for $6,600. The hustler was much more.
    Thanks Danny

6. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

I have two husqvarnas ...a 61" and a 42"...I have had no problems with either,,,,they are awesome.......the only complaint i ever have is in wet grass,,,,clumps like crazy.....but thats most mowers,,,although i have heard that exmark does a better job than any in dealing wit hthe problem....but in my opinion,,,awesome mower,,,,its the 61"'s second year,and i have never had a problem with it..........also,,,,,please be sure and match ur mower to the properties it will be servicing,,,ive made many mistakes to find that 1 out....

7. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I got the opportunity from one of the Husqvarna engineers this season to demo both the 52" w/b with 18 hp Kawasaki and the 52" Z with 23 hp Kawasaki proto types. Very nice machines. The w/b with the 18 hp is very powerful. I like the handle bars / control setup - very comfortable.
    The same goes for the Z, although it was very slow compared to what I am used to.
    Good Luck

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yes Yazoo/Kees builds their Z's and all MFG support issues for all of both brands of equipment are dealt with at the same place.

Don't buy....RUN!!!! To save time just let me quote exactly what I told another guy who was going to buy a 61" Yazoo/Kees for $6,200...

9. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

Sounds like your getting a good deal. Good luck w/your new mower. My dealer carries the yazoo, asked a few questions about it, he pushes the Hustlers and did not say anything bad at all about them(the yazoo's). As well as everything I have read about the JD's is good also. I think you'll be happy.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

dlgunn,

Just wondering what you decided?

Just as a side note, I noticed you are in Winston-Salem. Do yourself another favor and make sure what you buy is not distributed by Carswell Distributing either! I haven't decided if they are crooks, liars, morons or all three. But trust me it's one of the four.

It pays to find out where your dealer gets his stuff if not factory direct. You may be directed to the distributor with some sort of issue down the road and you sure don't want to be directed to Carswell.