Is the excavating business even worth getting involved in

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Gravel Rat, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juststartin

juststartin LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly, I don't think I would take my eyes off of him while he was changing my oil!!

Put down that dogdamn crescent wrench Gomar... I mean Gravel Rat!!

2. juststartin

You have to remember... you don't live in BC. In BC they 90% grades.

3. bighornjd

bighornjd LawnSite Member

So go buy the KX121. Didn't Kubota Finance already approve you? Who cares about the worn pins and bushings. You aren't gonna be running it 8 hours a day every day. It will be lucky to see 8 hours in a month. Buy it. Make some money with it. Make the repairs. If your gonna nitpick a machine then just go buy a new one and watch it depreciate as you leave the lot. There is nothing perfect in this world. You obviously haven't found anything better yet so just buy it. Don't say there aren't any used machines out there either cause that's bullsh!t. There's more deals on equipment right now than there ever has been in your lifetime. You don't have a trailer yet so buying one to fit the machine is no big deal. A f450 should handle a 14k trailer no problem, I don't care what kind of hills you have. Unless it isn't maintained properly or the driver is an idiot. I don't know, maybe you shouldn't do it afterall...:rolleyes:

4. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like the where I grew up. Walked to and from school every day.......5 miles up hill............both ways .............:laugh:

5. AdvLandscapeLLC

AdvLandscapeLLC LawnSite Senior Member

me too :walking:

6. bighornjd

bighornjd LawnSite Member

in the snow with no shoes...

7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Should i buy gas today? I have a half tank. hhmm What do you guys think? Wait till tomarrow? Maybe the price will go down. The market is improving, well except for my neighborhood. But if i buy gas today i have to emerge from the basement. Do you think my truck will make it to the gas station with 1/2 tank?

8. juststartin

Being a 6.0 it may not even crank!

but cummins and duramaxes suck! They don't last 2 days in the mines before they are traded in!

9. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

ok guys, enough with the language and inappropriate pics, etc...if you don't like something then don't respond

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.