Is the explorer coming back to take on Walker

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by theyatesies, May 13, 2003.

1. theyatesies

theyatesies LawnSite Member

Terry

I was wondering if exmark is coming back out with Walker type mower again like the explorer was a while back.

Also how much is an exmark 21 in trim mower. I use HRC 216 honda but can I get the same quality and durability for under 950.00 with the exmark trim 21.

Lance

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Lance,

Thanks for the post. Engineering is working on several different things right now but right now they're not telling us if a replacement of the Explorer is one of them. Do we need a replacement for the Explorer?

The Metro 21" has an MSRP of around $1000 to $1200 depending upon whether you want a push or a self propelled. Your dealer should be able to give you the actual purchase price for either model.

Thanks

Terry

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Terry, Johnny G.
    I'm Going To Look At the walker Next Year, To Complament The Lazer. It would Be Nice If Exmark Would Make One Like the walker But Not the Explorer.

Oh The Ultravac Is GREAT, Wish I got It Years Ago!.
    John.

4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Terry,

I vote for something similar to the Walker but made by Exmark.

I do like 95% about the Walker, except for the controls. If it were like a regular z operates I would own one.

Please let the engineers know we need one.

Thanks!

5. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I would assume the Explorer that I know nothing about is similar to a Walker, BobCat ZT 100 series, or the Toro Z Master ? I would probably be really interested in buying one If it bagged really well and had the speed of the ZTR's. Oh and also if it were to have say a Kawasaki 27 Liquid Cooled Engine ! Could someone post a picture of an Explorer ? I would love to see one !

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Make Sure you Show The Two Buckets You Empty Instead Of Just Dumping On The ground. I Think Walker Could use a Lesson, This Time I Hope You Could Make them BIGGER!

I Wish I Had a Pic To Show!!! Maybe exmark Could Do It!
    Johnny G.