Is the Husqvarna X-Torq Engine a Redmax engine?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, Jul 15, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

The reason I ask is that Husqvarna calls the engines on the 170BT and 180BT "X-Torq" engines, and they have X-Torqs on other models as well.

Thanks,

Tim

2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

the answer is no, not ALL X-Torque engines are Zenoah "redmax" engines. Considering Husky ownes them , i guess they are all husky engines.:laugh:

I know the motors on the backpacks are part for part the same as redmax. We've used husky part numbers to repair redmax blowers....

The X-Torque line of engines are a line of fuel effecient, emissions compliant motors. I don't believe they are what is used on redmax products.

3. paull

paull LawnSite Member

My understanding Husky 150Bt is Redmax EBZ5100. But when I inquired Husky through email, they claimed it is the same but 150Bt have more power. It is 495cfm and 180mph. Can you tell me a little more?

I am going to buy a BP towards the end of the year. I want a lower noise one. I am considering Echo PB620, Husky 150Bt and Solo 471 KAT. All in 50 cc range, do you have any recommendation? Do you think these mid size blower are strong enough to move grass on lawn?

4. BAKERS

BAKERS LawnSite Member

Tallimeca is right, the engines on the backpack blowers are not "True" X-Torque engines, they are Redmax engines with Husqvarna controls and harness. The X-torque engines on the Husqvarna saws and a few model trimmers are husqvarna made and designed X-Torque engines. We sell both brands I think you will find the Husqvarna blower more comfortable.

5. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

How long has Husky owned Redmax? I was under the impression it was owned by Kumatsu ?

6. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Actually , right up till Husky bought Redmax - they were Kawasakis.
    After they bought Redmax, I switched jobs - I don't know what thery're putting in them now.

7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Throw in a Stihl BR550 with the silencer tube