1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is the license same as DBA

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfcat75, Feb 22, 2001.

1. turfcat75

turfcat75 LawnSite Member

If you have your BDA your licensed?
  2. turfcat75

turfcat75 LawnSite Member

woops! DBA
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If you make a mistake in a post you can go to the bottom of the post and click on Edite/Delete and you can either go back in and edit the post to make corrections or delete the post, either/or. :)
  4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

D.B.A means--doing business as--- It usually follows your personal name: Joe Blow, dba. Blow Hard Lawn Service. It is a link to your personal name when you are a sole proprieter. If you incorporate you lost the dba I think because the business is seperate from your personal.
  5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

If you are a DBA,I always thought that meant you are a legal registered business.What kind of license are you referring to?I didnt need any license to register my business.The only licenses I have are Drivers,Applicators,and MV Inspectors license-am i missing one?
  6. thefarmer4

thefarmer4 LawnSite Member

We don't need a license in NY only for pesticides. Have to check your local laws to see if you need a license.

DBA is so you can operate under a different name than your own. Its a way of tracking you personally if customers have complaints.
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

We have to be licensed in every city we work in down here. I.m referring to a local business license. You have to have a name to put on it..........ex. "Homers Mowing" but it would read Homer Doe, dba Homers Mowing.
  8. jay

jay LawnSite Member

To register a name for your business so know one can have the same name as you need to apply for a DBA. Also were I'm at you have to have one to open a business bank account. If you haven't register your name then apply for one but if you have don't worry about it.