Is the money coming in?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sweetlou, Jan 17, 2007.

1. sweetlou

sweetlou LawnSite Member

I still have about 15 customers who owe me money.How are the rest of you guys doing with that.

2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two, and by the time I chase them around for it, they could easily owe me 4 times the amount. So, I am saying bye bye to both the little payments owed and the customers for the new year.

I will easily find new customers that will not give me this run around.

Tim

3. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

All fo mine were doing Okay until about Oct, then it seemed liek everyone got slow. I picked about 9 accounts from another LCO in Oct, and once they got used to the shift, they have been okay. I have about 4 that are pains and I have to chase down, or put them on catch up plans. All part of it I guess...

Once I get enough Really Good Paying customers to get me out of my JOB, I will be letting some of these small, slow payers go...

4. cclc1021

cclc1021 LawnSite Member

We have about 10 residential clients that were past due. We decided to invest in a credit card machine. We paid 100 for refurbished machine and pay between 2 - 4% interest when we process a payment. It has been great getting customers to satisfy there past due bills and to get deposit's for mulch etc...

We are not sending those customer's who still owe renewal letter either... I am sure we will pick up additional residential. We are really focusing on increasing our commercial clients and getting the exisiting commercial clients to renew for at least 2 years.

Get the credit card machine... you will get your money faster!!!

Harold

5. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

Only have 2.

6. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

Still have about $15,000 in outstanding invoices, half commercial and half residential. I will send out 2nd notices this week I guess

7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Sent out 7 2nd notices last month for a total of over $1600. Got all but $500 of it and one of them is from octobers mowings. The one I got today sent $100 buck less than the bill was for. They intentionaly held back payment for 2 months after being very thankful and couldnt stop saying thank you and how nice of a job I did. Now they stiff me $100 buck. Well not in 07. They're gone!

8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I finally got one of my last payments today (Wed.) he has owed since September, we hammered him with late fee's (probably 40.00 worth) and the only other is a dead beat lady who owes us 70 bucks which I'll never see.

9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I finally got one of my last payments today (Wed.) he has owed since September, we hammered him with late fee's (probably 40.00 worth) and the only other is a dead beat lady who owes us 70 bucks which I'll never see. God works in mysterious ways though, we have been kinda hurt'in due to no snow or ice to do any winter work so this was a nice little check.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Around 20 grand still owed...not sure how many people though.