1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is the Sears Kolher Command 25 hp the same

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REALSLOW, Jul 24, 2006.

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

as the command 25 HP on commercail mowers ? THANKS!
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think the only way to find out for sure is to check the model number against an Oem Kohler.
    I would assume they are, but I'd still check just to make sure.

Below is a pretty complete listing of all Kohlers, the red underlined number under 'Product' would be what I'm referring to...
    You will have to scroll down some, and be aware there are likely several 25hp models, such as v.shaft, h.shaft, etc, etc...
  3. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, but thats the only thing on that mower that will last.
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Now that's the truth!!!!!:laugh:
  5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Is it a CommandPro?

I believe Kohler makes the distinction between non commercial and commercial by the Pro usage.

CommandPro on the commercial engines and regular Command on the consumer engines.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, there are differences. The Command Pro has a larger (dual element) air filter, larger capacity oil filter, an oil cooler (plate type), and runs different plugs (higher performance).
  7. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Any Command will still carry the 2 year warranty. The Kohlers you have to watch out for are the Courage models.

They do offer a Courage model based on the V-twin Command now. It has a funky air filter setup and they ditch the Hydraulic lifters. But it would be called a Courage...not a Command.

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I thought I did good, A guy pulled it off a Sears mower with a blown trans and sold it to me for 200$ it has 300 hours on it.
  9. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

If its not in a professional lawn shop then its most likely going to be homeowner junk. Don't do your equipment shopping where the homeowners do theirs, Sears, Lowes, Home Depot (except maybe for shovels and such).
  10. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

You did just fine:weightlifter: :clapping: :usflag: