Is the season really almost over ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by a plus bob, Nov 14, 2009.

1. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Seems like just yesterday I was busting butt to get my Rd 1 done!Then the rush to beat the dandy's,then the rush to beat the grubs,then the rush to beat the Jap. Beatles,then rush to beat the leaves.Now nothing to do plan my winter tear down on equipment,and new ideas to build.This was the fastest season I ever remember in 20 + yrs.

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I hear ya! Same here! At least we have had great wether to finish up with:)

3. a plus bob

from Indiana

Yeah hard to believe I did a leaf removal this week in shorts :dizzy:

4. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yep Mother Nature cooperated in November after that wet October, had me a little worried a lot of money was out there now just only about 20 aerations to do then done.

Hey Bob hows it going?

5. a plus bob

from Indiana

Better with my Bluebird aerator :) Thanks again its been a easy aeration season!couple more to do and about a wk. of fall ferts.

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

bob, wasup. i kknow, fast season. i think it was due to being sooooo busy with the great year we had. never slowed down for a blink. we started our winterizing today. we changed oil in every honda we have. that is because our spray tanks use honda, and so does all our verticutters and aerators. haha. we also washed them, greased them and lubed the throttle cables. they are ready to sit all winter after we get the new plugs and air filters in and on.

7. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good job, my son!!
    Yeah. We get all the equipment spiffy and ready to go for next time. We change plugs, filters, etc...and oil of course. Any parts in need of replacement are ordered and installed prior to putting anything away. I don't like having to mess with stuff right when you really need it.
    Next up....detail the spray trucks!!!
    Woohoo!! My guys sure love this stuff!! LOL!!!

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have 6 more working days of the late fall application and 2 aeration's still to do, it has been a fast season!! then go thru the PG's for the winter with new belts, cables and paint the wheels. I need to get my box-truck set up the way I want it inside and have the graphics put on. I have been working out of it the last couple months and have to say it makes my days easier.. sooooooo much fun riding the PG down the ramp in neutral!!!

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

nice, sounds fun. i too have about 5 or 6 days left for my normal contract work. i was going to get that done before thanksgiving but looks like other wise due to rain in the forcast for at least the next three to four days. boo!

10. a plus bob

from Indiana

Rain in the forecast all next week :cry: I still have maybe 2 more cuts on my mowing also.And a couple landscape jobs I have put of all summer.