1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is the Super Z for me??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by luckylawnboy, Jan 20, 2003.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the market for another mower this spring. I have Dixie Chopper Flatlanders now and for the most part like them pretty well. I am very curious as to how the Super Z mowers perform?? Is it a problem running double blades on a super z. Do they have enough power to mow at speed with doubles. Is there a OCDC for these machines?? I wanted some feed back from people who use them now. I am really concerned as to how well they stripe as well. My choices are either the XT 3000-60, XT2800-60, or the Super Z-60. I just do not want an under powered machine. I like to run doubles and mow fast. Having enough power really is important to me. If any one has pictures of some lawns striped using a hustler Z please post them.

2. Hustler

Hustler Guest

I can help you with a couple of your questions. Others, we'll wait to see what LawnSite people have to say.

The 27-hp Kohler is coming in March.

As to an OCDC. Qwikchute is manufactured by one of our dealers in Florida. It is a pretty slick device and works well on the Hustlers. Call Lou Zoerbe at 407-944-9878

3. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I run my super z with doubles and I haven't had any problems yet, the power is great and it maintains it's speed very well. I would buy the kohler 27 because the kawasaki is very sensitive to dust and dirt (changed fuel filter 3 times and the air cleaner 4 times). The super z lays excellent lines and the quality of cut is excellent, I can't think of a reason not to buy one of these mowers. My super z is almost twice as productive as my scag turf tiger and it definately has a better cut.

4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Is that 27kohler an air-cool??will it be avail. in the z or just super-z?Is that the only new engine coming out?we at least got a pict of the new w/b.can i wait till march??:eek:

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Kohler 27 we are going to use is a air cooled engine.
    It will only be on the Super Z.
    There will also be a 28 Kohler EFI air cooled engine, again only on the Super Z
    As soon as they are available everyone here will know first !!

Later
    Pj

6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

This is with a super-z, I use dbl. from time to time with no problem. speed is great!! You won't be sorry if you get one.

stuff 126.jpg

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

DEMO!!! The only way for you to know is demo the machine on YOUR properties. This is very important, just riding in a parking lot tells you nothing.

How a Hustler cuts? I can't tell you. How it is built? Very strong and High quality.

Did I mention DEMO?

8. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

how much does the OCDC cost?

9. Artman

Artman LawnSite Member

We just sent out a Product Bulletin alerting all dealers that the 27-hp Kohler air-cooled engine will be available in April of 2003 on the Hustler Z and Super Z.

The Kohler EFI has been delayed and a date has not been set as to availability.

I do not recall the price on the Qwikchute but you can contact them at 407-944-9878.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Artman
    Can you post a Pic Of the Qwikchute?

Johnny G.