is the Toro...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by christoff, Nov 11, 2004.

1. christoff

christoff LawnSite Member

is the Toro Super Reclycler model # 20038, a "commercial enough'" mower?
    some features include,

-4 cycle GTS OverHead Valve
    -6.75 Horsepower
    -Cast Aluminum deck
    -4 mph top speed
    -5 year gauranteed to start
    -5 year full coverage warranty, if anything goes wrong, Toro will fix it free of charge

the price is $579 usd

thanks

2. christoff

christoff LawnSite Member

anyone have any input on this mower

3. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same mower.

It gets used a couple of times a week around islands and tight areas that we can't get a bigger mower in.

Seems to hold up just fine.

I really wouldn't call it " commercial " though. I think it's more like " high end residential ."

I bought mine off a customer that didn't want to mow any more. They were cutting almost an acre with theirs :)

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have one and I LOVE it. I espescially like it when it's wet and it doesn't rut like my proline.

the only downside that I see is that it comes with plastic wheels, but if they brake you can put the metal wheels from the proline on it.

it cuts almost as good as the proline but the engine can bog a bit ( I've got the 6.5hp) on thick pile grass, if it gets away from you.

if you do get it try raising the 2 front height settings one notch higher than the back. this setup handles high growth easier than if their all the same, and I think that it mulches better that way.

5. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I have one and i like it a lot. Like TC said, in the wet it does not rut as bad as a proline, most likely because it is lighter and puts a little less power to the wheels. It has seen heavy use for 3 seasons and still runs like a champ. Don't worry, you made a good buy.

6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a mower very similar to that, and it is great. I bought it new five years ago and have put many many hard hours on it, and it still runs and cuts fine. It has had very few problems, and it hasn't always had the best care!

7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

They will guarantee it for 5 years for RESIDENTIAL users.

If the mower is used to cut any property other than your primary residence, it is considered COMMERCIAL use and you will only have a 45-day warranty.

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

If something happened to it under warranty Toro wouldn't have to know that it was used commercial. if you mow residential yards with it you, wouldn't be lieing if you said it was used residential.

9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Toro defines residential as use of the product on the same lot as your home.

I guess you could try lying to them if you wanted, but I was just providing some info directly from the Toro warranty for those who want to play by the rules.

10. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

we DoNt NEed No STINkiN ruLes....