1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is the ultracut deck up to snuff?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by duckspuddle, Jul 3, 2006.

1. duckspuddle

duckspuddle LawnSite Member

Hi, I'm in the final steps to purchase either an Exmark AS 25hp Kohler 60 inch ultracut deck or a TORO Z500 Estate 25hp Kawasaki with their non- turboforce 60" deck. How do these two decks compare? Is the mule drive on the Exmark better than the single long belt on the Toros?. It would seem that users are very opinionated about the virtues of either deck. I'll be mowing about 4 acres. I only used my last ZTR 500 hours in 4 years. Also, what is the significance of the 12cc pumps on the exmark as compared to the 10cc pump on the toro. Both mowers look good to me, and I'm not wed to either Kawasaki or Kohler engines. Again users seem very brand loyal to both motors. My dealer sells both brands, and I'll have to make a decsion tomorrow!
  2. lazer9284

lazer9284 LawnSite Member
    from florida

ultra cut will run circles around ANY DECK out on the market....Many will agree
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

You bet!!!!!!!!! There may be a better deck but I haven't seen it
  4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I cant speak of the new non turbo force deck but i know the turbo force cuts GREAT..why not get a 60" toro with 30Hp kohler
  5. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

Personally the Ultracut deck on the AS would be my choice - no question.

6. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard its better than the triton deck.
  7. huhnchadd

huhnchadd LawnSite Member

I have the ultracut on a 05 Lazer Z AS 23HP Kohler 52". I have only had it a few weeks. I let the grass grow when I was shopping for a ZTR. It cut right through it shooting fine cut grass over 6'. I also cut wet grass with it this weekend. The dischard shoot looked like a rooster tail on a speed boat. I was amazed no clumping or buildup.