Is their a Tanaka trimmer for "Tall" guys?

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Mower For Less, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Hi,

I posed the question looking for some advice in the Commercial Lawn forum, but wouldnt mind having you weigh in for Tanaka, as I have been considering them as a likely candidate for future equipment purchases. I have an employee who is 6' 6" tall, and obviously needs a longer than average trimmer shaft for someone his height. I currently have Shindaiwa T230 and T231 trimmers, and he is hunched over when using them. Does Tanaka have a solution for this problem, or a trimmer with a longer shaft than the Shindy's?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Our technical service department just completed mocking up a TBC-2501T that we would like you to try. It has a 70" shaft (the same as our pole saw) and weighs just 12.2 lbs.

Send me an email with your shipping info and we we will get it out to you. woodlingm@tanaka-ism.com

-MW

TBC-2501T.jpg

3. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Click here to read the review (scroll to the bottom of thread)

-MW

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I would be interested in getting my hands on something like that. I'm 6' and i find myself stooping all the time with my shindaiwa's. They've both been acting up recently so i'm lookin for a new trimmer or two.