Is their a Tanaka trimmer for "Tall" guys?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mower For Less, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Hi,

I posed the question looking for some advice in the Commercial Lawn forum, but wouldnt mind having you weigh in for Tanaka, as I have been considering them as a likely candidate for future equipment purchases. I have an employee who is 6' 6" tall, and obviously needs a longer than average trimmer shaft for someone his height. I currently have Shindaiwa T230 and T231 trimmers, and he is hunched over when using them. Does Tanaka have a solution for this problem, or a trimmer with a longer shaft than the Shindy's?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Our technical service department just completed mocking up a TBC-2501T that we would like you to try. It has a 70" shaft (the same as our pole saw) and weighs just 12.2 lbs.

Send me an email with your shipping info and we we will get it out to you. woodlingm@tanaka-ism.com

-MW

TBC-2501T.jpg

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

That is just plain awesome...

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I need one too.. In 340 flavor!!

5. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Email sent. Thank you very much!

Kevin

6. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

This is inovation in action... pretty rare!

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yes, i have two of them

8. marvinlee

marvinlee LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

I'm impressed. I've been stooping over for the past 20 years, wishing that someone would make a longer shaft trimmer. If it is as durable as my Tanaka chain saw, it will be a great success.

9. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

He is a little bit taller then i am. I am 6'4" and run a stihl fs-85. The easiest thing to do is adjust the hand grip and put it all the way back by the triger. therefore he wont have to bend over. also makes edging a lot easier.