Is their a Tanaka trimmer for "Tall" guys?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mower For Less, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Hi,

I posed the question looking for some advice in the Commercial Lawn forum, but wouldnt mind having you weigh in for Tanaka, as I have been considering them as a likely candidate for future equipment purchases. I have an employee who is 6' 6" tall, and obviously needs a longer than average trimmer shaft for someone his height. I currently have Shindaiwa T230 and T231 trimmers, and he is hunched over when using them. Does Tanaka have a solution for this problem, or a trimmer with a longer shaft than the Shindy's?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Our technical service department just completed mocking up a TBC-2501T that we would like you to try. It has a 70" shaft (the same as our pole saw) and weighs just 12.2 lbs.

Send me an email with your shipping info and we we will get it out to you. woodlingm@tanaka-ism.com

-MW

TBC-2501T.jpg

3. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Click here to read the review (scroll to the bottom of thread)

-MW

4. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

Its pretty darn cool that you guys built this trimmer. I'm 6'3" the Shin is a bit short, this may be a bit long, but def something to think about. Hey, Tanaka should come to Canada. I know you would ship here if I wanted one and will consider it. Nicely done.

5. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    We recently changed distributors in BC. Our new master distributor is Yetmans and they are responsible for setting up dealers in your area.

YETMANS INC.
    949 Jarvis Ave.
    Winnipeg, MB R2X 0A1
    Phone: (204) 586-8046
    Fax: (204) 947-1939
    www.yetmans.com

-MW