1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is there a $200-$300 12' pole saw?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by norman, Jul 25, 2008.

1. norman

norman LawnSite Member

I've looked at Echo and Stihl's telescoping pole pruners. Perfect, but $600.

All I need is a cheapo Poulan type but one that has about the same reach as the Echo or Stihl. Seems to be no availability of used around here. I could rent, but would like the convenience of having it when the urge strikes and only work an hour or so at a time if I wish. Doesn't need to be telescoping, but the typical 6'-8' reach ones won't do.
  2. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I'd spend the $600 and get a Stihl that, with proper care, will last years and years to come. You can make back the cost difference on one job.
  3. norman

norman LawnSite Member

I knew I'd get the "pay whatever just charge the customer for it" response. My fault for not mentioning this is for my personal home use and will not be used that frequently to justify the cost.
  4. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Then why not just get the PP780 rather than power version?
  5. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

get the 6-8 footer and a ladder. otherwise get the echo one. theyre boss.
  6. norman

norman LawnSite Member

Too old, too much arthritis, too many trees.
  7. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear that.
  8. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I just bought a jameson pole pruner kit and apole saw kit 4-6ft sections w/quick couplers ,1 1/2 inche pruner head, rope ,saw head ,2 blade .$245 delivered to the house .bad news is it is powered by armstrong .Pole saw kit alone with extra blade about $ 140 to the house .
  9. norman

norman LawnSite Member

I have too many trees to deal with for a manual saw. I don't see anybody coming up with info on 12' $300 or less power pole saws, so I suspect there is no such thing. Guess I'll wait and try and find a used Stihl or Echo sometime.
  10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

we got our echo for $500 and we love it saves a lot of time and i would even pay 600 for it