is there a bad side to proslide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ItsJoe321, Jul 4, 2005.

1. ItsJoe321

ItsJoe321 LawnSite Member

from what i can tell they are amazing... checked with everyone i know locally here and nobody has one, all using velke's/sulkies... does anybody know any reason at all why i shouldnt buy one of these proslides? greatly appreciated
  2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I've run them quite a bit..

I'm thinking of switching from Lesco to Dixie Choppers.. Lesco has put out a CRAPPY line of Z-Twos this year.. Not happy with any of my new ones.. The 2003's are better than the 2004's and the 2004's are better than the 2005's.. But I'm paying more for them each year..

Anyway, I really like the quality of the Dixie Choppers.. They seem to hold up well and really improve the cutting speed and quality of cut.

Debating between Choppers and Kubota..
  3. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Am I really this tired or did you just change the subject of your entire post??!! :dizzy: :sleeping:
  4. ItsJoe321

ItsJoe321 LawnSite Member

wow i thought it was just the tequila... guess not!
  5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Yes - a bad side story ... My 36" Exmark Viking hydro was too small to make a ProSlide work. I've posted the story several times intending to make sure others might not make the same mistake in buying one.

ProSlide simply controlled the machine so much I could not manage to drive it where I needed to go - at least on nearly all my properties. I had one property that was very flat, and it worked fine. But, most other properties have slopes, some not sloping very much, and the Exmark with ProSlide was of no use. I kept it on the machine for many days (10-14?), hoping I would get some experience to make it work better. Eventually, I gave up and bought a BullRider. I use the BR in trailer mode and it works very well for me.
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you stop fast going down hill it can slide under the back of the mower.
  7. bondman35a

bondman35a LawnSite Member

The only down side I can see from using the proslide is the fact that it can sometimes slide underneath the mower when you make sudden stops or are going down hill and dont lock you knees. Get one, trust me you wont be dissapointed.

8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The new Proslide XT won't slide out from under you when going downhill -- unless you modify it.

The Proslides can take a bit of work replacing worn parts. But overall very worth it.
  9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

200# lawn striping machine. lol
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you would like to hear some good stuff :D You will love how it gets out of your way to do hills or tight areas :cool2: .