Is there a difference in landscaping and mowing?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Red Shed Landscaping, Aug 29, 2013.

1. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

When I was in the business full time my company designed, installed and maintained landscapes. Not really that hard and always something to do. Having a year round growing climate helps as well.
    easy-lift guy

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

"Landscape Construction"

"Design/Build"

3. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know one dentist that does root canals, one that doesn't... Both dentists... Plus arent we all on on "lawn" site right now?? Last dumb point I have... Why are all of you guys so afraid ---xxxx to list your company names???

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

You're not doing it right.

:D

5. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

mowing grass = maid service
    landscaping = construction company

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I understand your premise hear but it is far from the truth, for the simple fact in many states you are not required to have a licence to landscape but in most states if not all you are required to be licenced to construct.

7. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't for a few reasons, I value the anonymity, I don't want the potential hassles, I got a business that has been around longer than dirt is old, you or anyone else knowing my business has no value to me, I am often politically incorrect, I often tell it like it is that can on occasion come across as less than professional and the big one is I don't want my company's clientele discovering and reading what I post for the reasons above. My business experience and common sense tells me that would be a bad thing. Another primary reason is lawnsite is filled with wack jobs.... Other's may feel otherwise and well that's fine.....

8. M&L

M&L LawnSite Member

Being afraid of, and retraining to announce a name that holds no value to a thread are very different. The name doesn't matter, the same point is made. Just like when people say my dealer, and not Jensen and Pillegard, The whole name holds no value in the thread.

Plus, its an open internet forum. If some one happened to prove some one wrong, or have some witty remarks, that could get them a bad Angie's list review, gay craigslist add or some other Bogus childish situation. I prefer to prevent the possibility all together.

I'm afraid of Taco Bell and coffee in the same day when its 106 degrees out side

I refrain from speaking about diarrhea with my clients.

9. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

The best life advice I've seen around here in a long time.

10. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have any tattoos, but this will be my first one.