Is there a do it all glove?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lovett, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Lovett

Lovett LawnSite Member

I'm looking for those gloves that are thin, tight fitting, and yet hold up to rugged work. I want those gloves that go on and off with relative ease, especially with sweaty hands. I want some that last a good while before tearing, ripping, or holes starting to form. I would use the gloves when weed eating, edging, blowing, mowing, pulling weeds, carrying branches, and picking up trash. Every glove I've experienced to date come up short in some area, proving a pretty short overall life span. Is there even such a glove to handle all these tasks? It can be a velcro glove or slip on. Any ideas out there?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  2. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

That's what callouses are for. Toughen up, buttercup!

;) Just kidding. :D

The gloves you describe don't lend themselves to long life. It's a tradeoff of the benefits of dexterity. I just buy what feels good and if I find something I really like, I buy six, seven, eight pair of them because when they DO wear out, you likely can't find them any more.

I have small hands and you'll often find me wearing gloves with pink trim or a floral pattern because the women's "large" is usually the best fit. LOL

3. SCLocke

SCLocke LawnSite Member

Not to my knowledge . . . .

Tig welding gloves are great fitting, velcro on cuff, soft, and easy to work in, but not tuff enough for brush or heavy work, for that I use a heavier leather glove.

4. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

HexArmor 4035, google it!

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I just use the thin ones that are coated on one side.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Lovett

Lovett LawnSite Member

Thanks. Did a google search. Look interesting. Is the material thin enough to allow for a solid tight grip to where you can feel an object easily with your hands?

I appreciate all the other replies too.

7. hondas1

hondas1 LawnSite Member

8. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Yes atlas fit gloves. the blue ones. very good and if you get a 12 pack off amazon I think theyre only $3-$4 per pair.

9. vaskeet

vaskeet LawnSite Senior Member

I have had very good luck with batting gloves. I also use the cheap mechanics gloves from harbor freight under $5.00 a pair on sale

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

just get whatever they have at walmart cheap. don't spend alot of money on something that will never last.