Is there a do it all glove?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lovett, Jun 13, 2014.

1. pythons37

pythons37 LawnSite Member

I've had great luck with Foot Joy cold weather gloves. Kinda pricey, but comfortable and washable and stylish. Especially stylish. Lots of style points.

2. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What are gloves? Are those the things that doctors put on their hands?

3. Lovett

Lovett LawnSite Member

Just adding a bit here. A buddy of mine found some NFL Equipment football gloves and they seem to be holding up fairly good. They are a tight snug fit allowing for good grip and pretty darn durable. I got a little sidetracked in my search and will likely look into getting a pair of these myself or at least check out the Atlas gloves mentioned above.

I actually have a pair of the Footjoy gloves (think they are for golf right?) that I bought in the winter and yes they are stylish, great for using with a blower, but didn't put them to use pulling weeds as they look to want to tear fairly easy if going that route.

4. Budget Cuts Lawn Service

Budget Cuts Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I like the mechanix wear original gloves. They seem to last a while without the finger tips breaking down. I have had mine for a few years but finally they have worn holes in all the fingertips but now I can use the touchscreen on my phone so it is actually a plus (at least for me). They are light and somewhat breathable for trimming, blowing, and push mowing. Just my $.02
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

+1

#RAWSOME
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ReRide

ReRide LawnSite Member

Deer skin leather are about the best I have found so far.

7. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

8. CMassey

CMassey LawnSite Member

I use leather padded palm Mechanix gloves. You can get them in fast fit or with the velcro strap. They will generally last a whole season. The new velcro isn't very good though so i have transitioned into the fast fit style.

9. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I get mine at harbor freight. Like 3 bucks a pair and they are thin leather and hold up for a few weeks of mulching.

10. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I am nearly 6 foot 9 and I never see XXXL gloves. I squeeze my hands into XL gloves because that's all I can find. They last about 3 days. I gave up and don't wear gloves anymore.