Is there a formula to lawn cutting?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by willjones, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

No, I was at $30 last year, although nothing turned out to be $30. Every new estimate I gave ended up being at least $32.50 per service. So this year I set my minimum at $32.50. Next year it will be a minimum of $35 for weekly service, and a $40 minimum for bi weekly service (if I have any bi weeklies left). I am actually bumping up my minimum when i estimate anywhere other than Weatherford, because I am getting quite a few calls over in Southlake and they can afford it!
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

the smallest engines I have in my trucks are 360ci and up and they get around 10mpg and thats with a complete tuneup. Under load it more like 7mpg. The smallest yard I will do is $30 and takes about 10min to do 20,000 sqf is less than a half acre so $56 isn't to far off unless there is a lot of trimming and things to mow around.
  3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

ding ding ding ding.....we have a winner!

Its all about the Benjamins right?

Cheap prices = out of work guy who just started his LCO

People have no problem paying higher prices for a good job.

Being New you absolutely do not want to get hung up offering cheap prices. After all it only takes getting burned on a couple of low bids to learn your lesson...

With so many noobs on this site, thanks for not being one of them....