Is there a good post emergent dandilion killer, granular?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by clydesdale, May 8, 2005.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

What do you recommend? I am unable to spray. Is there anything that will get rid of these dandilions that i can spread on the lawn? Thanks

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

See lesco....

3. This may sound like a stupid question, but...

Why can't you spray weed controls?

4. GrassMasterNC

GrassMasterNC LawnSite Member

fertliome weed-out granules

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Hire someone to spray for you. 2-4D is about as cheap as you can get. Other broad leaf killers out there but if it is a couple of dandy Lions! I would tell customer to get out there and spot spray for you. Other wise leave it to the professionals.

6. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

so what is the story, does granular not work? I often hear, hire a professional and have it srayed. These customers are not interested in having it sprayed. They dont even like paying for the lawn to be cut. Other customers have it done professionally, but the ones that i am thinking of do not. They are cheap, granted that may mean they will live with dandilions, but is there nothing that actually works that you can spread on with your basic granular spreader????

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Not that's worth your time.

Any granular will work the same. Problem is doing it when it's wet.

The reasons you're not getting any response is probably no one here wants to hurry up and start up the spreader at 5 am while the dew is still on the ground.

8. Watkinslawnservice

Watkinslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Are you saying that you can spread weed control in your state without a lisence as long as it is granular and not liquid? If you are lisenced and just looking for something cheep why not put down granular weed and feed or spray ortho weed-b-gone on them? I don't get this.

9. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

To be FRANK about it.....when you get right to the Nitty-gritty and chop out all of the BS....Indiana herbicide laws written by Perdue AG Dept......references only tank mixed products. So....I guess you can do what you want with dry herbicide. ??????

:cool2:

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, no. It is not puruant to only tank mix. Many people have this notion, though. I guess it just comes from the "straight granular fert" concept. A pesticide is a pesticide, regardless of if it is granular or liquid. If you are spreading a granular and it has a pesticide in it, the company needs to be licensed, and the applicator needs to be certified. This is especially true with any 3b category.