1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a herbicide for removing fescue from bermuda?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cecropia11, Jan 13, 2013.

1. cecropia11

cecropia11 LawnSite Member

Is there any herbicides on the market labeled for removing Kentucky 31 fescue, out of common Bermuda grass, besides glyphosate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Revolver, break out your kids piggy banks though.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Why would you not use glypho? Especially since its dormant this time of year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

celsius has worked good, but probally not as good in cooler weather! Revolver is like liquid gold! lol.

5. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

All herbicides will be slow this time of year with cold weather. Revolver would be the best, it's pricey!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. JMEllis

JMEllis LawnSite Member

My vote definitely to Celsius if you can't use glyphosate

7. Turf Logic

Turf Logic LawnSite Member

Revolver works best out of anything out there. However If Im not mistaken it is very hard to clean the sprayer of its residue. You almost need a proprietary sprayer for spraying revolver if your using the tank on other warm season turf. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

8. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

Glysophosphate is my choice this time of year with a little surfactant..
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. JMEllis

JMEllis LawnSite Member

I've never seen that problem as long a it doesn't sit for months on end. I sprayed about 1,000 gallons of Revolver last year through a 170 gallon tank and a handcan. I didn't have any issues, but it can get mucked up in the main bottle it comes in if it sits June-December.

10. cecropia11

cecropia11 LawnSite Member

The problem I have had with glyphosate and dormant bermuda is that when temps are low glyphosate just does not kill, I have had results with like 5 OZ per gallon of 41% glyphosate and 15% serfactent but at that rate there is a real good chance of the bermuda comming out of dormancy yellow, or just not at all. Even if I do kill tall fescue in bermuda it is short term only and comes back in fall, or next summer. that herbicide Revolver sounds good after looking at the label, however after looking at price I will probably stick with glyphosate, man that is a expensive herbicide.