Is there a market for OCDCs for walkbehind mowers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Buckeye1, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

A question for all the lawn care professionals on this site:

Do you think there would be a market for an operator controlled discharge chute that fits a walkbehind mower and costs about $100???

To my knowledge there is no similar product on the market.

( I am NOT saying I am selling them, planning to sell them or trying to market them at this time – so please don’t ask. Just wondering if there is a need for these in the biz)

I am interested in hearing why you think/don’t think there would be a market for this product.

thanks

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Buckeye

I will vote yes.

I do think that there is a market for this. It sems alot of guys on here have made there own, or made one from a ZTR fit. As long as it isn't in the way for a side catcher I would buy one. I find myself thinking of lots of times when mowing that It would be nice.

Plus in that price range Why not??

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I know of at least 2 companies that already market them for several types of walkbehinds.

The early bird gets the worm!

4. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I know of a few companys that make them for ztrs, but i have not seen them for walkbehinds.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Make One for my 2002Turf Tracer Floating deck. I'll Buy it Now!
    johnny G.

6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Only one of the companies have OCDC for WBs. That unit costs an arm and a leg.

Buckeye1,

at $100 bucks, you would have every WB owner interested.

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

This will probably get deleted even though I am not saying for sure anything but I have THOUGHT about making them to sell this winter for around $125 or so for walk behinds. It would be very universal fitting to fit just about any mower even Z's with the same controls. When a moderator stumbles on this thread let me know how much it costs to be a sponsor here so I can be legal. Thanks,
    Eric

8. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I would buy one and i think a lot of others guys would too.

9. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

If you make it, they will buy it.

10. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

W.E. Chapps has them but they are expensive somewhere between 3-400, if i remember correctly from the expo in Kentucky.