Is there a market?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by burnandreturn, Jan 13, 2004.

1. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

Do you think there is a market for a lift/hoist for small and large mowers, etc. that would lift the mowers up to six feet off the ground with clear access to the decks to facilitate changing blades and cleaning/preasure washing underneath the deck?
    The cost under $1000........?
  2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

you mean like a fork lift type of machine?
  3. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

Yes something similar to a forklift
  4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Not IMO. I can do all those things with the Toro EZ Stander. And it costs much less than a grand.
  5. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Under 1000, ya.
  6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't see spending that kind of money. JMO. All of the larger guys that can afford it have employees to do the dirty work for them!
  7. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

if you could carry it on your trailer and use it to lift your wb 5' high then push the lift through the gate. no more 21" mowers in fenced backyards!
  8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I could see that for use in my garage. Not so much for changing blades as for working on the mowers. Would be nice not having to bend down. Also could be used for changing oils.
  9. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

There is a market for anything that you can imagine. The only problem is finding your customers.

But to answer your question. If it could be small and against the wall in a shop sure I would look into it. (Would be great for older folks too) Olderthandirt might be your first customer. lol
  10. dgram8

dgram8 LawnSite Member

I have a above ground lift made for automotive use works good ,also do my oil changes , tire changes etc. on work and personal vehicles paid for it's self a lot of times . cost about 2000.00 two years ago couldn't live without it!