IS there a OCDC made for kubota ZG 23

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by handeman41, Oct 16, 2006.

1. handeman41

handeman41 LawnSite Member
    from Troy Al

I just bought a new ZG 23 and want to get a chute for it any suggestions on some good ones out there.
    And anyone own a ZG 23 that has one there mower and how is it working for you.
    Thanks,
    Scott

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I dont own the mower, but..........I do own an ACS and Ive been really pleased with it.

wayne

3. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

Power Chute Design will have models for the Kubota ZTRs within the month. Fully powered with a foot pedal and lifetime motor warranty for $259.00. Visit us at www.powerchutedesign.com .

4. handeman41

from Troy Al

Thanks for the info WAYNE.
    What is ACS and how to get in touch with them.

5. handeman41

from Troy Al

I looked at the site is there any VIDIEO to look at to see it work?
    And how fast does it work?
    Does it fold up out of the way?

6. grass_cuttin_fool

It is an Advanced Shute Closer, trying to get the thread with them up, but seems that it is being blocked for some reason
    Im not giving up, I will try to find the link to some threads on the site about them

wayne

7. grass_cuttin_fool

8. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

We have no video yet, but the chute works from fully closer to fully open in 8/10ths of a second or vice versa. It does open fully out of the way (at a full right angle to the deck), but technically is only to be run fully open to clear close tolerances such as gateways and such for conform to OSHA standards for safety. How the chute is used by the operator is out of our control.

Remember that Power Chute is the only OCDC that you never have to take your hands off of the controllers to operate as it runs by a convienent powered foot pedal. You never loose forward momentum or control in a turn as you do with all manual OCDC's when you must run them by hand, thus releasing the controller to close, and then again, open the manual chute back up.

Besides running the Power Chute open or closed a simple tap of the foot pedal also angles the Power Chute to control the defelection angle as to how far the clippings deperse out if wide open is too far for them to spread. You can stop the Power Chute any where along it's path besides fully open or fully closed.

Also check the pricing of the Power Chute as compared to manual OCDC's as our pricing, is sometimes, within a few dollars of a manual chute. Full power with a lifetime motor warranty!

Thanks Norm