Is there a rider that would fit on F-250 pickup?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Coach Tim, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Coach Tim

Coach Tim LawnSite Member

I have a F-250 pickup truck. I was wondering is there a decent commercial riding mower that would fit on the back of my truck? I don't have the space to keep a trailer. I currently use ramps and put a 48" walk behind Ex mark up on my truck. I have been picking up some larger accounts and I am getting tired of so much walking. Also is there a safe set of ramps for driving a rider up on to a pickup truck? Thanks very much.
    Tim

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Coach, try the Hustler, I think its the mini Z or Super Mini Z. The one I saw had a 52" deck but it was very compact. And in the past Truf magazine there was a ad for ramps made just for riders, but sorry I dont have the name or the magazine anymore for that matter.

3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Get a sulky for the Exmark. A rider would have to be small to fit in the bed of your truck.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Any rider that is 48" or under will fit between the wheel wells.

As far as getting it in safely, do a search for "pick up truck ramps". There's even some pics in that thread.
    I personally would use a ramp that replaces my tailgate and folds out, not just a couple of boards or aluminum ramps, I'd want and actual attached ramp/gate.

Like this one: http://www.metko.com/m100main.html

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Trailers are cheap used just look around for a 12 footer

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

He already stated that he doesn't have room for one.

7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler makes a 44" Super Mini Z, Gravely makes a small ZTR; I think it's 36" or 38". Or, just spend a couple hundred bucks on a two wheel sulky for your WB.

8. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely make 36 zero turn ...think it will fix on your truck bed ,,,,if you have Gravely dealer around you Check it out ,,,,,Good Luck !!!

9. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

ck out the new cub cadet z-wing 48 inch cut but when folded up its only 35.5 inches widehttp://www.cubcommercial.com/servlet/BrandProductDetail?ID=1548&CAT=36&SUB=88

10. Coach Tim

Coach Tim LawnSite Member

I never new about the ramps that are part of the tailgate. The smaller riders seem like they would be better then the sulky. Do you guys like using a sulky?
    How much for a good used rider 48"? (If there is such a thing.)
    Thanks for the advice! This site has been very helpful. :) :) :rolleyes: