1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is there a spreadsheet of how much a certain kind or size mower should/could make?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clyde, Oct 8, 2012.

1. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

For example:

A 61" mower is run so many hours a year should make this amount etc...
    A 48" mower is run so many hours a year should make this amount etc...

I know it depends on the transmission speed. Say average 6-8 mph.

I am trying to figure out what i should be making on each mower. So i can say well, either I have some bad apples in my client list or I need to rethink about the kind of properties i am managing. For example if i have a business that has 30 mins of grass but it takes 15 mins of running around the parking lot to get it all done ( concerned about tire wear).

I am trying to get down to the brass tacks in my bookkeeping I am currently trying to figure out what I am asking here. I was just wondering if there a standard deviant out there. Ok this mower should be producing 50,000 worth of revenue with a .15 cent repair and upkeep expense per hour..

I have 2: 61" scags and 2: 48 in ( one gravely and one exmark ) ztr's. Just bought the 2 48" ztrs this year.