Is there a tool for measuring acreage?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnworks, Sep 24, 2000.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I would like to know if they make tool that can measure feet. This way I could get a really good idea on the amount of grass I am mowing; therefore, I could give a really acurate estimate. I think some of my customers are just guessing on the acreage, and I get the short end of the stick. Do you guys know where I could get one of these? I think they look like a stick w/ a wheel.

Thanks
    Rick

2. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

home depot, lowes,WWW.benmeadows.com

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you get one, just make sure you get one with a wheel that's about a foot or so across. The ones with the really small wheels (a couple of inches) are only made for pavement and short distances. Also, try to find one that has the curve up by the handle - much easier to hold on to. You get much more accurate readings when the stick is held vertically straight to your side. Oh, and by the way, there are 43,560 sq. ft. in an acre. Good luck!

4. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Measuring wheels w/ 8-12 inch wheel run about $50.00. Also, I have a excel worksheet that quickly converts dimensions into sq footage and acreage. Anyone want a copy?

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

This dimention might help, 208' x 208' is roughly an acre.

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

id like a copy please

7. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

I would like a copy also if its not too much trouble.

8. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Guys (or gals), I need your email address to send you a copy.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Is this the same thing as X measured sq. footage/ 43,560? In other words, dividing 43,560 INTO your measured sq. ft..

10. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Has anyone tried one of the lazer range finders yet, some go to 1000 yds + or - 1 yd