Is there a way to improve the search feature?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Jason Rose, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

The search function is a great idea, but with so many posts on this board there needs to be a way to better search for specific things. In another post a member suggested just doing a search on here for Trimmer Racks. Well doing that leads to 642 posts, most of which have nothing to do with 'trimmer racks' but just have either the word trimmer or rack mentioned in the post.

Can a feature be set up to search for particular phrases too? Like some search engines, if you put what you are looking for in quotes " " it only will then find hits that have that have those words together only.

I have looked for specific info before that many times can't be narrowed down to one word for a search, but putting in 2 or 3 words to search for dosn't help narrow it down really.

Or maybe I'm just totally missing something that's already here... How bout it?

Another example: I tried to find info about the "walker walkbehind" I know there have been posts about it long ago, but a search for it leads to all the posts where the word walker and the word walkbehind was mentioned somewhere in the post only, not together. grrrrrrr!

2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I think this is a great idea. I too run into this problem.