Is there a weight limit???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr.Mow-It-All, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

ON the proslides?

I am in the market for a wb end of the year or first of next year (whenever I decide what I am going to get) but realy like the idea of the proslide mainley because it doesn't make the stupid middle stripe like the sulkies do. But I have looked everywhere and can't tell if there is a weight limit.
    I am 6 foot and weigh a heavty 265 lbs. (I know, I know, I need to shed a few, it's hard when it is all muscle though. Lol!) Just don't want to break it or strain the hydro of whatever I buy.

Thinking of the hustler or the exmark, never tried either one, of course will demo before I buy. Just not sure how the cut of the hustler is, I know that the exmark gives great cut, but not sure about those ecs controls, and think the controls of the hustler look nice.

Anyway, anybody know the weight limit

2. mowtech

mowtech LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know if there is an actual weight limit, but most wb hydros are built with Hydrogear 10cc pumps. Consider that many ride on Zs use these same pumps while running at higher ground speeds. I believe the 10cc pumps can easily handle a GVW of 1200 pounds. Even you and your wb with sulky should be well under that! Good idea to ask the manufacturer if there is a weight limit, but if you don't get an answer I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  3. Mr.Mow-It-All

Thank you mowtech.

Anybody actually know if there is a weight limit?

4. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know but I think you would be fine on flat ground. I am not sure how it would be on hills. How do u like the shin 272 compared to the 270. Do you notice many differences?
  5. Mr.Mow-It-All

The 272 is ok, a tad bit heavier, not enough to matter though. Power is still great. I tried the 4 stroke beginning of the year and hated it with a passion. went through 5 plugs, finaly the dealer let me pay the difference and trade up to the 272, good choice.