Is there an average?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Julio Medina, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Julio Medina

Julio Medina LawnSite Member
    from IL

What is the average lawn cutting company bringing in per year for profit? I will be starting in 07

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Depends on a lot of factors. Everyones business will be differnet with differing amounts of overhead, property types they are doing, going rate of their area. There won't be a real average you can aim for really. You could invest in the smae equipment as another guy, make similar moves and so forth and still end up having very different bottom lines. Its a low barier to entry business and that is something you will have to weigh to make your decision. What is the local market like? What are the start up costs you'll face? One man crew, 2, 3, guys etc. What types of services and properties are available there? The question is simply too general in nature to make any sort of ball park statement. try and build up a business plan there are templates on SCORE.org under toolkit. While most of the executives that can help are retired and from other types of businesses they can offer a great deal of help. I have a freind that I steeered towards them and now she holds 2 pattents for products she plans to release in about 18 months or so. Good luck and welcome. :waving: