1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is there any other way to deal with wet leaves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeLandscaping, Nov 11, 2004.

1. MikeLandscaping

MikeLandscaping LawnSite Member

Can anyone please tell me a way to deal with wet leaves.
  2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a kaw 700 and a lesco 8 hp walk behind blowers . When the pile gets to big off comes the lesco 48 and i push them where they need to go . This works good for me
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I either use the walk behind blower or just suck them up with the mower. I really haven't had any major problem with wet leaves before. If they are really stuck to the ground in some areas I will go over and kick them up with my feet or the back pack blower
  4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of times when they are wet we will make piles in the driveway and push them down with our Great Dane.
  5. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I take mine home and let the wife put them in the clothes dryer for 45 minutes on Permanent Press! :p

Seriously though...I try to wait until they get a chance to dry out a little, but this is not always possible!

I usually blow them using my back pack blower to stir them up a bit and let them dry out a little while I moving around the property. For the ones really stuck, I have one of my sons pull them over using a rake.

I then run over them and pick them up with my Exmark Z Turn!

Sometimes you just can't avoid these suckers!!!