Is there any way to get an Exmark suspension seat cheaper than $500?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Vibe Ray, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Is there any way to get an Exmark suspension seat cheaper than $500? I would consider getting it maybe if it were cheaper!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Vibe Ray,

Your point on the price of the suspension seat is well taken. We have had several comments and suggestions to find a seat for less money. However, we at this time have not found a seat that is nearly this good for less money. There are not as many options out there as we would like. Do you have any suggestions we may want to look at?

Until then, isn't your backside worth the investment?

Seriously, we will keep looking at other options. We wish we could give you a less expensive solution.

Regards,

Exmark

3. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Wow thats exmark.

4. Remo Sid

Remo Sid LawnSite Member
    from USA

How do you justify $500.00 for a seat? Are there some exotic materials involved? This is completely obsured.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Remo,

List price on the suspension seat has changed. It's now $569 instead of $500. It all comes down to what it cost us to buy the seat. Like all manufacturers, retailers and wholesalers we buy the seat, and we mark it up a few bucks, which justifies selling it. The seat itself is a very high quality piece and we don't buy enough volume to get a real price breaks so it's going to cost a few bucks.

In truth if you figure how many hours you spend in the saddle in a day, week, month or year it's a drop in the bucket if it makes you more comfortable but it's not for everyone.

Thanks

Terry

6. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

$569.00 no way. I own two Lazers, and I will not spend that much for a seat. A generic seat can be purchased for 1/3 the price. So what if it does not last for several years. Buy another when it wears out.

7. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Too bad you can't do that with your back.

That $569 is the best money you'll spend if you mow alot. Once you've mowed with that seat, it's hard to switch at ANY price.

Kudos to eXmark for even offering different seating arrangements.

8. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the suspension seat from Exmark and LOVE it. It makes a 10-14 hour day on the Lazer a much more enjoyable experience. Not to mention, after a long day you don't feel like you rode a wild bull all day. I would strongly recommend one to anyone that spends long days on their machine, especially if you have a sensitive back. It also allows you to travel faster over rough ground, which in turn increases your productivity=more $$$. The price was an issue at first, but after purchasing it and using it I feel I have justified the expense.

9. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

If it works, it's worth it and more. I know truck drivers who've had to have their vertabrae fused because of bumping all day long. They don't take near the pounding that we do.

10. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Well if eXmark can't get them for much cheaper we can't blame eXmark for only using quality products. I understand that to us the seat is worth that. It's just that in the back of our mind we know $569 for a SEAT sounds like a fortune. Maybe if you guys could make it standard on all lazers the you will be ordering many more from your supplier and be able to get it from them cheaper and thus not have to rasie the price of the unit by $569 and Lazers will also be that much easier to sell, cuz they got a suspension seat. I dunno....just thinkin'.