Is There Anyone Out There?

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by kkls2006, Dec 27, 2006.

1. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

We Are out of Southwick MA, Just Wondering If There Is Anyone out there from the surrounding Areas?

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Monson, just over the river.

3. Uranus

from Mass

I've been here since June and nobody from western mass and now there are 2 in one week. There is also Mr green jeans from monson too but works out of Ludlow

4. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

I wonder if thats because everyone is sitting around not making any money like me???????

5. Uranus

from Mass

No cash coming in here either. I've asked other landscapers if they have heard of the site and they say no. 90% of them dont even go online. I thought I saw a chance for some white stuff in the forcast for later this weekend. I dont even watch the weather anymore. Once we get some snow the temps will get colder at night and the rain will turn into snow. YEA!

6. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

Ive just about givin up......Ive been contemplating ways to supplement my income????? Read some of your forums "Long hard hours" S&K I Believe? Do you network with anyone in your area?

7. Uranus

from Mass

I'm new to ownership. I went solo this year. This is my 8 year of landscaping and have made a few connections in the past years. I do network with Lawn Tech Lawn Care (fert company) I met Dave Elliot though S+K when I worked for them. Dave used to be up at Mountain View before weed man came in. Other than him I'm trying to lay low and not step on anyones toes. I'll let my work do the talking for me until my name has a good reputation attached to it. It was funny in the spring how none of the owners would wave to me and now they are waving before I even see them. My work is 90% in wilbraham and I go into E long and longmeadow for a few accounts. Just mowing and small plantings right now until I can get the manpower then in the future I want to have 2 maintenance crews and a landscape crew doing hardscapes.

8. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

We (my Wife & I) own two companies Brozacks Bobcat service (excavation services mostly swimming pools) & Keenkut Landscaping. We are for the most part fazing BBS out And rolling everything into KKLS. We offer all types of services Hardscapes,Small demo jobs,Concrete,Stump Grinding,Plowing,Maintenance (seems to be very hard to grow in this area),Trenching,etc. I work the buis.full time and she has a full time job (for the bennies) but good help is almost imposable to find....you can only do so much by yourself!!!! This site is kind of confusing I'm hoping to figure it out soon????Not to mention I'm pretty bad At typing... We do work in all the Springfield surrounding towns.

9. Uranus

from Mass

Lawnsite in a nutshell. KIDS! There are a ton of young people in here that just graduated form dads craftsmans tractor and think they can save the world with a 36" walk behind and a 21". Then there are a handful of guys like you and me. (I know I'm alot smaller than you) Full time hard working guys who want to learn and share expirences. For me now I come here to BS. first 10 minutes is to learn and the rest of the time is for entertainment. You will find that some take it way to seriously. Between say 4 pm and 8 pm is a good time to find real people who want to learn/teach.

10. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

How Do I Navigate this site without all The BS?