is there more than 1 magnum gator line? I sure hope so

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Sep 21, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Based on quite a few positive comments on gator magnum line here, I had my Agway dealer order me a small spool. This is the worst stuff I have ever used...had to tap it about twice as much as normal on all the properties today. And it DOES weld...right off the bat. Used to use Crossfire line and when I ran out I'd get a spool of Xtreme line from good ol WalMart...stuff actually lasted longer than anything I've used. I gotta believe there must be more than one "gator magnum line"??? THe stuff I bought is made be a company in Oregon. .095 round. What am I missing??

2. Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf LawnSite Member

Hmm, that's the stuff. Maybe you got some defective product...:confused:

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Round sucks. Get the square. You'll love it.

4. GarPA

from PA

E Nest..I was wondering when the trimmer kept eating line if I should have gotten the square stuff. You're right...the round line sucks with a capital S

5. ElephantNest

from La.

Yup, I got a small spool of round (thankfully) and quickly bought the large spool of square, and it was like two different brands. Some people use round, personally, I see NO use for round in a commercial aspect. They say round is better for making a fine cut....I can see no difference at all in the cut, besides the fact that it takes twice as long to trim anything with round as it does with square. I also use Diamond Edge™, about 7 sides I think, which works great too, but does not last as long as gator square.

~Nest

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I use the square stuff. Never had anything but great experience with it. I rarely have to tap out more line.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

this is the only time in life where it is hip to be square;)

8. ElephantNest

from La.

9. GarPA

from PA

Tiedeman...a Lawn Jockey AND.....a funny guy....that was pretty good t man

10. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

the weed terminator line from home cheapo does real well.

GEO