Is there more to it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Nov 4, 2004.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking at buying the Red MAX EBZ8000, but when I was looking at my current Craftsman blower, I'm starting to re think it. The Craftsman is about a year old and runs pretty good, but I wanted a littlre more blowing power. I know the blowing speed of the EBZ8000 is 204mph, and the one I have now is 185mph. Is it worth the $500+ that I am going to spend on the EBZ8000, or is the blowing speed not all that determines how much blowing power there is. I just can't see spending that much on not that big of a difference. Thanks for the help.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Dont be mislead by the MPH. Its CFM or cubic feet of air per minute that is moved thru the blower that seperates the men from the boys. You just might be able to blow that craftsman down the driveway with the Redmax.
    Quite simply there is no comparison between the two. I would not hesitiate one minute to buy the Redmax.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I suggest you go to a dealer and crank one up. I bought 2 8000's a week or so ago.

4. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

LawnBoy,

Mow Ed is right. it's the CFM that counts, not the speed. I was able to get 205mph from my electric Toro before i became a landscaper. Now i have a the EB7001 and wouldn't trade it for anything.

And besides, you can buy one for less than $500...... $459 to be exact. there is a post around here with directions. If you can't find it, PM me. try one and you will throw the Crafstman POS out.

later

5. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Just read a post last night. It was a similar question. Sorry I can't find the thread. However, the final answer was a good one. Take the CFM and multiply it by the speed. This will give the energy output. That is where you will be able to see the diff. Also, he said to make sure that they are measured at the tip and not at the housing output, because who actually operates a blower without the tube. Example, 204mph X 100 CFM = 20,400 total energy output. But, 204mph X 50CFM = 10,200 Big differance. Don't quote me on the the numbers, but this is how I understood the post. Good luck. The Redmax is an awsome blower. I used to have one, but it now belongs to someone who has a broken arm. He just doesn't know it yet. I WIll FIND YOU!!!

6. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

lafrance,

did someone steal it?

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I believe that is what he is hinting at :rolleyes:

8. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea someone stole it I would guess. Well thanks for the help, I was hoping that the power wasn't in relation with the mph because they weren't that far away. Well thanks alot, and I don't even think I need to try one to know that I want it. I'll tell my dad for christmas. Pretty sad that I'm asking for a leaf blower for christmas. Thanks again.

9. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Found that thread. #87645 And yes, it was stolen. If I find the guy, I am calling Bobby!

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

exactly what MOWED said, look at the CFM not MPH