Is there much of a difference between these two mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Freddy_Kruger, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

What's the differenece between Toro recycler and Toro Super Recycler?

I want a commercial grade mower but I'm thinking I don't really need one till I get a lot of work (then maybe a 36" exmark) but for now I can buy two super recyclers and then some for what I would have to pay for a Proline.

Would I be able to mulch with the super recycler?

oh another thing... Is electric start worth an extra 50 bucks?

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

go for A HONDA 21" i've tryed the toro's but they just dont mulch like the hondas and. If you do get the toro the starter would be nice but beware of break downs.

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

The recycler is a stamped steel deck and the super recycler is the cast aluminum very similar to the commercial decks.
    I like the way the bag attatches to the cast decks better but I haven't used a toro in a while. Usually a commercial machine will have stronger wheals and hight adjusters as well as easier maintenance.
    That's all I know

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

What did they price the 2 mowers,how much difference in the price.

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

A super recycler has a huge amount of vacuum, this unit mulches VERY well and bags very well too for a homeowner mower. The recycler does not come close to competing with the super when it comes to mulching. The toro atomic blade is a bonus too, essentially a gator but works wonders. Dont get the electric start, they are easy as hell to start as it is.

6. Freddy_Kruger

They are about the same price actually. At home depot they had about 7 different models between of the Recycler 450 and 700 dollars and a Super Recycler (at a lawn care store) is about 580 dollars CAD.

7. Freddy_Kruger

I'm going to use it at first as a commercial mower. If number of clients justifies a 33" or even a rider then I'll buy a very good mower. I just thought 1500 bucks for a proline 21" was crazy, I could buy 2 or 3 Super Recyclers for that.