Is there one backpack that does it all?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tawilson1152, Dec 31, 2003.

1. tawilson1152

tawilson1152 LawnSite Member

Looking to find my own little niche in the landscape/maintenance biz in my neck of the woods. I have a lot of larger equipment already but need: blower, hedger, powered pole saw, edger, trimmer and probably a few other things I can't think of right now. I've seen a Stihl backpack with interchangable attachments in some pics on this site but have been unable to locate at their site. Anybody got any suggestions or am I better off buying individual self powered equipment? I'll be working alone mostly so one quality power pack with attachments seemed like a good way to go.

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Get a Redmax 7001 and be done with it. Attachments? Like gutter cleaner, vaccuum hose, debris catcher, etc.? Don't waste your money on that. As for trimmers, edgers, hedgers, I suggest Shindaiwa. Dedicated equipment instead of interchangeables are the way to go, always have it ready to go.

~Nest

3. MIMAINTAINCE

MIMAINTAINCE LawnSite Member

I 2nd what nest said. Redmax is a great blower. I have 2 and couldnt think of buying anything but redmax. I also have 2 shindaiwa edgers and 3 trimmers. I totally love them. I had an echo when i stared, but gave it back to home depot for my shin. T-230. I have 2 T230 and a T20. The T-20 is older than me. (im 15).
    I cant kill it. Nest is right on!

4. tawilson1152

tawilson1152 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I checked the Redmax site and they have a dealer about 20 miles from me.